Monday, April 6, 2020

April 2020 Jan's Digistamp Challenge!




Hello everyone!  I'm here today with a new challenge over at


The set I'm using today is:  Pansies For Mom #3275J

This is such a pretty set and with the elements and sentiments included
there are so many occasions you can make this card for!
Let's begin:

I sized my image, elements and sentiment and printed it out onto
Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White card stock.  I trimmed it smaller
so it would be easy to color.


Copic Colors used:

Leaves:  YG01, YG03, YG25, YG67, YG11, YG17
Flowers:  BV000, BV02, BV13, BV08 Glaze: B41
Flower Centers:  Y02, Y15
Pitcher:  BV0000, BV000
Surface Shadow:  BV000

After I colored the image I fussy cut it out leaving a thin white border.
I then chose my background papers.


The chevron paper is from Lil Inker Designs - Ombre Chevrons.  I cut it
so that it measures 3 3/4" x 5".  I covered my entire white top folding
A2 size card base with the deep periwinkle card stock then adhered
the chevron piece centered on top. on I needed to create some sort of surface 
shadow for the pitcher of pansies to sit on.  To do this I masked off 
about 1/4 of the way up from the bottom of the card with post it tape.


Then with flicking motions, using my BV000 marker, I just gently shaded
from the top down.  


This gave me just the right amount of shadow to suggest a surface for the pitcher
to sit on.  Next I adhered my fussy cut image with foam tape.  I added some
green iridescent gems and that completed my card!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  Jan's images are always such a pleasure
to work with!

You can purchase Jan's lovely images here at her shop:
The image I used is on sale and Jan is giving away a free digi!



We would love to have you join us over on 



Great prizes and more than one way to win!

Thank you for stopping by today!  Hope to see you over on the Challenge Blog!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Jan’s Digi Stamps, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.







4 comments:

  1. This is so, so pretty Betsy. beautiful colouring and design.
    Stay Safe, crafty hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheryl! You stay safe as well. Crazy times we are living in! I'm actually cleaning my craft room!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Betsy, I love your coloring of this image and how you grounded it. I haven't had time to play with this image set yet but you've got me eager to print it off and have a go. I especially love how the green chevron paper ties in with the leaves. The color combo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Karen! I love this image - well I love all of Jan's images!!! I am always amazed at this Chevron paper. It goes with things I just never though would go together! There are lots of colors in the pack.

    ReplyDelete