Tuesday, January 21, 2020

I don't Need an Inspirational Quote...



Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing this cute coffee card!  You'll see as we go along
that I changed my mind twice as I was making this!  Products I used:


I love the quote from this stamp set!  The first step was to cut my papers to the correct size.  My
card base is an A2 size top folding Neenah Desert Storm card.  My next layer is dark brown
and measures 4" x 5 1/4".  My patterned paper is 3 3/4" x 5".  I adhered those together in
that order.  My smaller panel starting with the dark brown card stock measures
2 3/4" x 3 1/2".  The patterned paper is 2 1/4" x 3 1/4".  I did not not adhere these
together at this point.

I heat embossed the coffee cup and steam on striped paper with the Acanthus Teal Modern
Gilding Powder.  I also heat embossed the sentiment with the same embossing powder
directly onto the smaller patterned paper panel.


I fussy cut the coffee cup and steam.  And then decided that I didn't like the quote stamped
directly onto the patterned paper.  So I decided to stamp it onto a scrap of patterned
vellum.


I really didn't like that either, so I heat embossed it onto some teal colored vellum.  It was very
easy to keep lining these up.  But I was finally happy with the teal vellum.  I used a Zyron Sticker
maker to adhered the vellum panel.  You really can't tell that I heat embossed this 3 times
and layered them one over the other LOL! I adhered the coffee cup and steam above the sentiment at an angle.  I then added some dark brown peel-offs to give the piece of vellum some definition and adhered this patterned panel to the dark brown one. Then I glued the whole small panel to the lower right corner of my card.  I added a small white & gold twine bow at the top left corner of
the sentiment and 3 gems in the lower right corner.  And my card was done!


I was really pleased with the final card and was glad I had made the changes
to the sentiment.


Quietfire Design Products Used:


Other Products Used:

Unity Stamp Company - Coffee Lovers Paper Pad
Paper Wishes - Teal Vellum
Gina K. Designs - Dark Chocolate
Love From Lizi - Dark Brown Metallic Peel-offs
Brown Gemstones
White & gold twine
Neenah Desert Storm card base
Heat Tool
Glue
Anti-static Powder bag

Thank you for stopping by today!  I appreciate your continued support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Quietfire Design, I do receive the products I use from them. All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...