Sunday, January 20, 2019

Quick, Easy & Beautiful!




Hello Everyone!

Hope you are all getting crafty projects done!  In my part of the world, we are having quite a snowstorm that is slowly turning into sleet and freezing rain.  Yuck!  This called for making colorful spring-like cards!

The cards I made for today's tutorial are so easy and fast!  I started with 2 cards.  They worked up so fast and pretty, I dug around in my trash for bits I threw away and made 2 more!  So easy!

Supplies I used:

  • White A2 size card base
  • An A2 size flat white card panel - one for each card
  • Embossing folders
  • Scrap white card stock
  • Scissors for fussy cutting
  • Glue/tape runner
  • Scraps of gold & rose gold mirriboard for die cutting
  • Sentiment dies (I used 4 different ones)
  • Altenew Wide Washi Tape: Painted Fantasy
  • Glitter glue: I used gold and platinum
  • Various gems, pearls, sequins


I was very influenced by Erum Tasneem for these cards, although she used a different wide washi tape.  They are just so striking and so easy to do.  I started by embossing my single panel of card.  I used 2 different embossing folders for 4 cards.  I kept them quite simple and I glued them onto my card bases.


Next I taped about 7" or 8" of the washi tape onto scrap white card stock.  The washi tape is printed in such a way that it creates small clusters of flowers.  I fussy cut these clusters.  Some were along the edges, some were completely in the middle like the one shown above.  In all, I cut 8 clusters and that made 4 cards; 2 of them had 3 clusters (smaller ones and ones on the edge) and 2 of them had stand alone clusters.


I popped up most of the images on foam tape.  If the image was on the edge, I glued those flat.  My die cut sentiments were also glued flat.

I finished by adding sequins to one, gold gem stones to 2 of them and tiny pearls to another.  I used the glitter glue sparingly on the centers just to give them a bit of sparkle.  And that finished my 4 cards!



This is so easy to do!  The only thing that takes a bit of time is the fussy cutting, but even that goes quite quickly!  I have had this washi tape for well over a year and this is the first time I've used it!
I was so happy to see Erum's video on YouTube.

I hope you'll be able to give this technique a try.  So easy and the washi tape is so beautiful!

Til next time,

Happy paper crafting and remember...it's only paper!

Betsy



No comments:

Post a Comment