Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Craftin Desert Divas Ice Bear!

Hello Everyone!

Today I'm doing a quick tutorial on how I made this card using a digital stamp from Craftin Desert Divas!  This is my first project as a team member.  If you have never tried digital stamping, they are awesome.  

Supplies I used:

  • Craftin Desert Divas Ice Bear Digital Stamp
  • Computer and printer
  • Copic  Markers
  • 2 Fonts downloaded onto my computer from DaFont (these are free fonts)
  • Stitched hill die
  • Foam Tape
  • A2 size white card base
  • 4"x 5.25" panel of Copic friendly white card stock
  • White gel pen
  • Stickles - Star Dust
  • Glue or tape runner


I started by printing out my main image onto Neenah Solar White 80lb. card stock.  I cut it down to size mindful of how my image would appear on the card.  I colored the sky first.  I used B24 to do this, but any combination of blues would work.  I also used this same B24 for the blue parts of his outfit...using light and darker tones.  When coloring the background I went right over the round snow flakes.  It was much easier to color this way.

I used Violets as a complimentary color to the blue and the bear itself was done in cool grays.  I used a very pale violet for the cheeks and inside the ears.  When my coloring was done, I took my blender pen and took out most of the color in the little snowflakes.  When that was dry, I used Stickles Star Dust inside each one.


You can also see in the photo the detail work I did with the white gel pen.  I printed off the sentiment making sure they were a dark blue.  I die cut across the top and trimmed the bottom and sides so the whole piece fit flush with the colored card.  I foam taped this piece and dotted it with the Stickles.

That pretty much finished my card!  I love the look of digital stamps and the versatility of them.  You can size your image to whatever you need.


Since I am a member of the Digital Team you will be seeing many more examples of digital stamps in the future.  I have an inkjet printer (that doesn't particularly like Neenah 80lb), but it works!

If you've never done any digital stamping before why not challenge yourself!  If you ever have any questions, please ask them here or on my Instagram page: @betsybirgeart and I would be more than happy to help!

Til next time - happy paper crafting and remember...it's only paper!

Betsy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...