Friday, October 19, 2018

Let's Get Cozy with Love From Lizi!


Hello Everyone!

This October card kit from Love From Lizi was packed to the rim with all kinds of autumn goodness! I made a simple gate fold card using the blue/tan/brown elements from the kit.

Supply list:

  • White card stock for card base
  • Blue leaves 6 x 6 paper
  • Dark brown card stock scrap
  • Die cut wreath 
  • Lacey leaf from kit
  • Acorn sticker
  • Tiny leaf stamps 
  • Coffee cup stamp card stock
  • Let's be Cozy sticker
  • Acrylic block
  • VersaMagic ink - Aspen Mist
  • Sequins
  • Dark blue twine
  • Glue
  • Scalloped circle die
  • Dark brown ink (I used Gina K Dark Chocolate)
  • Markers in a matching blue and dark red (I used Zig)
I first put together my focal.  I die cut  scalloped circle (about 2.75") out of a dark brown scrap of card stock. I cut a piece of white card stock that fit behind the wreath and put the "let's Get Cozy" sticker on that and then glued the wreath on top.  I added one of the lacey leaves and the acorn sticker.  Then I glued on a bow made of the navy twine and a few of the sequins.


I next took my white card stock and cut it to 9.25" x 5.5" scoring each end at 2.5" which I later cut down so they were only slightly overlapping.  I didn't want the inside to be blank white, so I took a small acrylic block and placed the 5 tiny leaf stamps on it and stamped the entire inside of the card using the VersaMagic ink.  I kept turning the stamp so I would't develop a recognizable pattern but achieve a more random look.  Then with dark brown ink I stamped the coffee cup in the lower right corner and colored it with Zig markers.



Next I trimmed up the patterned paper so it was about 1/8" smaller around than each front panel.  I glued those on and glued the centerpiece on the left half only.  And that completed my card!



I hope you enjoyed today's gate fold card tutorial featuring the October 2018 Love from Lizi card kit.  If you haven't tried them, her kits are wonderful and always full of amazing things to create with!

Till next time,

Happy paper crafting and remember...
                       it's only paper!!!!!!

Betsy






No comments:

Post a Comment