Sunday, June 17, 2018

Rainbow Daisies!


Hello Everyone!

I hope you are having a lovely weekend!  This week's card is a very colorful one!  I'll be using digital stamps from CharliesStamps -  CharliesStamps (click here and it will pop up the link to the shop on Etsy!) These are great images to color and craft with.

The supplies for this card:

  • Daisy Digital Stamps from CharliesStamps
  • Rainbow paper from Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow
  • A2 size card base
  • Alpha Die ) I used Echo Park Lindsay Lower Case Alphabet/white card stock for cutting
  • Leaf Dies
  • Green Cardstock
  • Colored Pencils
  • Nuvo Glitter Drops in White Blizzard
  • Colored Pencils
  • Glue
  • Foam Tape
  • Scissors
  • Straight Edge



I started with my daisies that I printed out on white card stock and then cut out using my Brother Scan 'n Cut, or you can cut them by hand.  I colored them using colored pencils keeping the darker tones toward the centers and the lightest tones on the tips of the daisies.  I used a combination of Primacolor and Faber-Castel for pencils.  All of the centers were colored the same green-yellow blend.

I then die cut my leaves using an Elizabeth Designs die set and all of my letters using Elcho Park Lindsay Lower Case Alphabet using white card stock.  I then cut my Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow panel to size - 4" x 5.25" and glued it to the white A2 size card base.  I spent some time laying out my elements.  When I decided on the composition I began by gluing on the letters.  To help me do this, I used my straight edge placed along the side of the card as a guide as I was gluing down the letters.


After I glued them all in place, I then glued on the flowers.  I glued the 2 outer daisies flat and popped up the middle one on foam tape.  I trimmed up the leaf die cuts as they were a little too full and added a few of the ones I cut off as accents.  When everything was glued down, I added Nuvo Glitter Drops in White Blizzard on the centers of the daisies and the dot of the "i" in smile.  I was pleased that the color of the center of the flowers was visible through the Glitter drops.  And that completed my card!


I feel I'm still new to the digital stamp world, but it's so easy!  You can use them again and again and print them out whatever size you need.  CharliesStamps has a wonderful variety of digistamps with new designs being added often!  Her prices are so reasonable!  Really, it's a no-brainer!!!!!

I hope you all have a good week coming up and remember to check out CharliesStamps on Etsy!  She's also on Instagram @charliesstamps.

Happy Papercrafting and remember....it's only paper!

Betsy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Party with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  It's time for a tea party and I'm using products from Kate Hadfield Designs Tea Party Digital Stamps This was so ...