Thursday, September 12, 2024

Pickles and Toadstool w/Polkadoodles

 



Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the cooler
weather that we are now having.  I've chosen a really cute project today
using products from


I also used one of the papers from the Winnie Celebrations Kit 1 papers - p20.
I sized my image int he computer and also the paper.  I printed this all out
onto my new fav - glitter watercolor paper.  My plan was to use my Karin Markers.
Full disclosure here - the Karin markers kept bleeding outside the lines.  I
had forgotten that this is why I don't use them often.  So I printed out just the
image again and decided to use my Mijello watercolors. These watercolors produce 
really strong saturation.



I die cut the paper with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" die for my background.  Then I
started painting my panel - starting first with the grass.


I mixed colors as I went along and I first laid a very pale wash
over the area and then deepened with subsequent washes and 
added detail.



I saved the bigger mushroom caps for last because I knew they would be a bit tricky
with so much red paint.  Red is a super strong pigment and sometimes has a mind's it's own.
And I was quite pleased at how they came out there was a bit of going outside
the lines and into the little white dots.


So I do have an eradicator brush for watercolor which is just a stiffer
short bristled brush.  And while that worked okay, I felt it needed
something more so I dug out my Stickles and covered the mushrooms
dots with it, as well as the smallest mushrooms, the envelope, the gift, 
the bird wings and tail and on Pickles little dots on the quills. I had
die cut the panel with a stitched square die before adding Stickles.
I added some twine and tied a bow and then added a small yellow button and 
adhered on top of the bow. I adhered the background paper to my white A2 size 
side folding card base.  I foam tape the painted panel on top and added
a few clear droplets and that finished my card!


I hope I've inspired you to give digital stamping a try.  And
although this is a Christmas stamp, this is a not so much
Christmas card...just a fall card with 2 friends.  You can find
this digital stamp and soooo many others at


Til next time...

Betsy

In my capacity as a temporary design team member for Polkadoodles, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Pickles and Toadstool w/Polkadoodles