Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Rustic Sunflowers with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Sunflowers are so...sunny!  We've been having some dark days
here so these sunflowers brighten up everything!  I'll be using products from


I wanted this card to be sunny and bright!  So easy to do with the products I
used.  Let me show you how I made my card!  I started with the stenciled panel
for the background.  I mixed Banana Split and Pumpkin Patch Velveteen
Glazes together. When dry, these Glazes are darker.  So I mixed the 2 
together to get a lighter orange.  I used the X-pattern Stencil on white card stock.


These velveteen glazes dry to an amazing texture!  Next I stamped out my images
onto white card stock using a hybrid black ink.  I wanted to color these images
with my Copic Markers.


I stamped these images twice.


I went through and colored all the leaves first, then the centers of
the sunflowers.


Copic Colors used:  G82, G85, G94, Y02, Y15, Y38, R89
E35, E37, E49, Y26
Once these images were all colored I used the coordinating die
set and cut them out.  I stamped out my sentiment with some
dark brown hybrid ink and die cut it with an oval die.  Just
for added interest I made stitch lines around it with a dark
brown fine marker.


I made an A2 size top folding card base from white card stock.  I die
cut a frame using a piece of plaid paper from the Baked Fresh Paper

I adhered the stenciled panel behind this plaid frame.


I arranged my die cut sunflowers and leaves along the left side of the
panel and along the bottom.  A few were popped up on foam tape while
others were adhered flat.  I popped up my sentiment on foam tape. I
sprinkled some rich orange confetti on my card and it was finished!


I love making brightly colored cards when the weather is dark and gray!
It's a great pick me up!  You can find the products I used at


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope I've inspired you to make
a bright and happy card!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment