Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Fall Florals with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Fall is such a busy time of year, but it's also
very beautiful!  Today we'll be making a beautiful fall card
using products from:


Although this is a fairly busy card, those sunflowers really
stand out!  Let me show you how I made my card.
I first took several A2 size pieces of Neenah Cream card
stock.  I stamped my images using a very dark brown
pigment ink.  I stamped these images a total of 4 times.


Once the ink was dry, I started painting with Aqua Pigments.  I found
it best to do a first layer of Aqua Pigments.  Then let them dry before going in
with more color.  This gives your images really bright colors.


I really tried to vary my leaf colors as there were so many.


For Aqua Pigments I used:  Red, Green, Brown, Blue Green,
Yellow Orange and Red Violet.  I mixed colors together to get some
shades and layered one color over another on some of the leaves.
Once these were completely dry I fussy cut them.  I prepared an
A2 size card base out of the same Neenah Cream card stock.  I
also cut a panel of it that was 4" x 5 1/4" and used an embossing
folder on it.  I made my sentiment using the same dark brown
pigment ink and I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
I die cut it with a banner die.


Now it was time to put everything together!  I adhered my flowers and
sentiment first.  The sentiment and one flower were adhered flat to the
surface of the card.  The other 2 flowers were popped up on foam tape.
Then I tucked in my leaves everywhere trying not to get 2 alike
right beside each other.  I trimmed where they were too long.  My only
embellishments were some tiny 2-tone pearls in Yellow/orange and a bit of
shimmer pen in the centers of the sunflowers.  And
that finished my fall card project!


This card was fun to make and looks so colorful!  What are your
favorite fall cards to make?  You can find the products I used at


Thanks so much for stopping by and taking an interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...