Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Bowl of Strawberries with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  As the last of summer slips away from us I am sharing one
more luscious strawberry card using products from


I love the color combo of red, white and turquoise!  So clean and fun!  Let me
show you how I made my card.
I started with my background panel.  I used a piece of Lagoon card stock and
the Basket Weave Stencil.  I cut the panel bigger than I needed and stenciled
with Opal Chroma Glaze.  This is a great way to add texture and dimension
without adding more color.


I chose the elements from the Strawberry Social Stamp Set for my card
and stamped them onto watercolor paper.


I used Choma Mists to paint my images.  I used Candy Apple Red for the
strawberries.  Yellow Green was used for the strawberry tops. 


 For the bowlI painted stripes using Turquoise and a touch of the Yellow Green.  
I mixed it once and painted the top and bottom stripe.  This really was too blue
so I added more of the green and painted over them.


I didn't painted the whipped cream at all. I fussy cut my images. I created a white A2 size
 card base with the fold along the top.  I cut a piece of red card stock that is 4" x 5 1/4".
I cut my stenciled panel to 3 3/4" x 5" and adhered both of those to the white
card base.  I made my sentiment using white card stock.  I stamped the
sentiment in black ink and then added red die cut card stock behind that.


  I cut a thin strip of white card stock and layered that on top of a die
cut scalloped piece of red card stock.  To adhere my bowl of strawberries
only the extra whipped cream piece is adhered flat to the card.  I added
the double strawberry piece to the top of the pile of strawberries and
 foam taped the entire bowl piece to the right side of the card over the
striped border.  I added the extra strawberry at the bottom on top of
the bowl on foam tape.  I added some iridescent confetti and Fallen
Snow Glitter Glaze to the berries.  I adhered a red acrylic heart under
the sentiment and my card was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  It's always sad to see summer go along
with all of the delicious fresh fruit!  You can find the products that I used at


Thanks so much for being here!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 








 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...