Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Underwater Friends with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  To me, nothing says summer like a trip to the ocean.  I
hope you are fortunate to live near one...if not, here's a project I made
with products from


This fun card has lots of dimension and I love adding gold to sea inspired
projects.  Let me show you how I made my card!  I started by setting up a
scene in my MISTI with my stamps.  I would stamp and heat emboss with
Gilded Embossing Powder 3 times.


I would end up stamping some elements again, as this card really ended up
having a mind of it's own!  I took one panel and ink blended it with
Simon Hurley Inks in Tropical Teal, Clear Skies and Midnight Snack.  I went
a bit lighter on a second panel and the 3rd panel was done like my first one, but
without the Midnight Snack.  I also ink blended the other elements.


My idea was to cut the layers and stock them on each other in varying sizes.
I cut down my pieces, splattered them with water and backed each one with 
gold mirror card stock.


My base layer is 4" x 5 1/4".  The second layer is 2 3/4" x 4" and
the top one is 1 1/2" x 4 3/4".  I made a white A2 size card base and
covered it with Blue Ribbon card stock.  


My idea for the card was going well until I got the third layer on and I
realized that the shark, sentiment and scallop shell were just too much a
part of the background.  Nothing made them stand out.  Things were getting
serious...and I forgot to take photos of how I fixed it...sorry.  I restamped
and heat embossed the shark, sentiment and scallop shell.  I did a very,
very light inking with the Tropical Teal ink.  Then I fussy cut the shark and
shell and trimmed up the sentiment.  I carefully cut the shark so he would
fit all 3 layers.  I did not do that to the shell.  After adhering these pieces
onto my card I went over them at least 3 times with the shimmer pen.  The
pen not only lays down shimmer but also will lighten the ink considerably.

I added shimmer to the sand dollar and to the seaweed.  I adding a bit of
Fallen Snow Glitter Glaze, some pearls and gems and some gold scalloped
peel-offs to finish my card!


I hope you enjoyed today's process and how I fixed my card!  You
can find the products I used at


Thanks so much for being here - until next time

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...