Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Coral Reef with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Summer is upon us and I'll be showing you today how to
make this underwater scene with products from


Have you used Candy Coat yet?  This exciting product brings dimension and
sparkle to your projects!  Let me show you how I made my card!
I decided to stencil on acetate!  I used the heat resistant acetate although
there was no heat involved.  It is a sturdier acetate so better suited to my card.
I placed my acetate onto my Stick & Stamp Mat and I taped down my
acetate.  I made the acetate sheet 5 1/2" 5 1/2" so it was quite big.


Although this definitely looks like a hot mess (LOL), I decided to
blended my Candy Coat colors on my project.  I used Yellow, Pink and
Purple Candy Coat.  I just slightly dragged one color into another.  I
let this dry over night after removing the stencil and washing it.  I
also lifted it up off my Stick & Stamp Mat and washed the mat down.


I was pleased with the blend when it was still wet.


I was even more pleased when it dried.  It reminds of the jelly shoes of
the 1980's!  I next prepared my paper to go underneath this panel.  I used
a piece of paper from the SeaLife Paper Collection.  I inked the edges.


I adhered some of my confetti pieces to this panel which measures
4" x 5 1/4".  I next stamped out my images to color.


The Copic colors I used were: YG23, YG06, YG67, YG63, W2,
W3, W5, W0 W1, Y02, Y17, YR04, BV02, BV13, Y06 and Y38.
I fussy cut these elements and then run a black marker around the
edges.  I stamped my sentiment with blue ink and die cut
it using the Circle Foundation Dies.  I ink blended around the
edges of this.


I prepared a white A2 top folding card base.  I covered that with some
Aqua card stock.  I adhered my inked paper panel to the base.  I
adhered my acetate panel to that hiding my glue underneath of where
the Candy Coat was.  I used foam tape to adhere my fish and sentiment.
I had a 1" wide piece of the acetate left, so I adhered that to the left
side of my card over one of the fish once again hiding my glue
underneath elements.  I used a shimmer pen on the fish and
the sentiment and that finished my card!


I hope you enjoyed today's project.  If you haven't given Candy Coat a try, what
are you waiting for?  Sparkly shiny fun!  Find it and the other products I
used at


Thanks so much for stopping by today. 

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...