Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Painted Rainbow with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm continuing the rainbow theme with products from


This was so much fun to make - especially working with all that sparkly goodness
found in the Candy Coat!  Let me show you how I made my card.  I started my card using
a piece of 110lb white card stock that was cut to around 4" x 8".  I wanted plenty
of room to work with.  Using my Stick & Stamp Mat and the Painted Rainbow 
Stencil, I used Candy Coat as my medium.  I used Pink, Yellow, Green Teal
and Purple.  To make the orange I mixed Yellow and Pink and to make the blue,
I mixed Teal and Purple.


I let this dry overnight.  I had applied the Candy Coat quick thickly for good
coverage and bright color so it took a while to dry.  When it was dry I cut the
panel to 2 3/4" x 5 3/4".  I made a 3" x 6" mini slimline card base and 
adhered a piece of hot pink holographic paper to it just an 1/8" smaller. Using 
some heat resistant acetate I stamped my rainbow images and shooting
star and sentiment with black pigment ink.  Then I used Rainbow Sparkle
Embossing Powder to heat emboss.  Super easy to cut out and you really don't
see the edges in the finished project! 


 I backed my stenciled piece with 3
layers of the 110lb card stock.  I did this to give it dimension but to also
ensure that the stenciled piece didn't warp the entire front of my card.  It
made the card super stable.


With the rainbows and star from the Radiant Rainbow Stamp Set I was able to trim
out my images and then actually flip them over before adhering.  This made for a
crisper image, but you  can still see the sparkle from the embossing powder.  I
adhered these elements flat to the surface and my rainbow card was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's fun rainbow tutorial.  Everyone should have some sort
of rainbow collection in their stash and this stencil is awesome!  Find it and the
other products I've used at


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a great week!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...