Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Heat Wave with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing a new product from


This Heat Wave Stencil is the Stencil of the Month and is available through
a subscription or for purchase separately.  It's so pretty!  And it's very versatile.  Let me
 show you how I made my card!  I first cut a piece of of Mermaid Skin in the
colors Pink/Lime.  I stuck that to my Stick & Stamp Mat and laid my
stencil over it - slightly off center.


Using a palette knife I spread a fairly thin coat of Candy Coat in Teal.  I
immediately took off the stencil and took the panel off the Stick & Stamp
Mat so I could clean up easily.


This is fairly opaque when wet but has a translucence when dry.  Next I took a
piece of dark teal card stock - just a square scrap and covered it with the
Candy Coat.  I set that aside to dry.  When everything was dry, I adhered the
stenciled panel onto my standard A2 size top folding card base that was covered with
 the dark teal card stock.  I backed my stenciled panel with black card stock so
just a thin border shows.  Using a die from the Butterfly Wings Die Set, I
cut the shadow layer from the teal piece of card stock with the Candy Coat on
it.  I cut the detailed piece from the Mermaid Skin.  The I adhered the
two pieces with just a bit of adhesive on the body of the butterfly.


To step up the sparkle I applied some Fallen Snow Glitter Glaze to
the detailed layer of the butterfly with a Q-tip.  When it was dry I added
a gem stone to the body center.


Using some black glossy card stock I die cut my sentiment from the
Christopher's Sentiments Die set.  This is such a staple for me!


I adhered the butterfly to the circle left by the stencil.  I adhered the
sentiment below it at an angle.  And that finished my card.  No added
sparkle necessary!!!!


This was super fun to work with!  The Heat Wave Stencil really could
be applied in so many ways.  Find the products I used today at


Thanks so much for hanging out here today!  I appreciate it!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.











No comments:

Post a Comment