Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Vintage Tile Take 2 with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing another card made with


I wanted to see what the Chroma Glaze would do over an inked background.  I
am in love with the way it turned out!  Let me show you how I made my card!
I first ink blended my A2 size card base panel on heavy white card stock.  I used Simon
Hurley Inks in Over the Moon and Tropical Tango using my Stick & Stamp Mat.


I was color matching this to a piece of patterned paper from the Bountiful
Blooms Paper Collection as I was going to fussy cut one of the butterflies.
Before this ink was dry I placed my Vintage Tile Mixed Media Stencil over
top of the panel and using Opal Chroma Glaze ( a new fav!!!) I
applied a very thin coat.


This did not blend with the ink as much as I thought it would, but that's ok.  I
didn't do a lot of smoothing out...I applied it, scraped it even with a palette
knife, took off the stencil, took my panel from my Stick & Stamp Mat and let
everything dry.  I chose the butterfly I wanted and fussy it out along with one
of the flowers and a few of the yellow leaves.


Next I took a piece of white pearlized vellum and heat embossed my sentiment
on it with Night Shift Embossing Powder in Teal...so pretty!  Once it was cooled
I die cut it with a small label die.


I made a standard white A2 size top folding card base from white card stock.  I
cut a piece of navy yardstick to 4" x 5 1/2" and adhered it, centered, on the
card base.


I cut my inked/stenciled panel flat to the card centering it.  It measures
3 7/8" x 5 1/2".  I adhered my butterfly by applying liquid glue just to the
center of it.  I adhered my sentiment in the upper left and used a bit of liquid glue
to adhere it.  Because this is pearlized you can't really see though it like
most vellum.  I adhered the red flower and 3 little leaves I had fussy cut from the paper
 inside my card.  For a finishing touch I adhered 3 tiny iridescent butterflies
and my project was done!


This was fun to create and I love experimenting with different mediums.  I
really love this Opal Chroma Glaze over the ink.  It's so pretty!  You can find
the products I used for this card at


Thanks so much for stopping by and hanging out here today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...