Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Tulip Layering Stencils with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Spring is right around the corner...I hope!  Today
I'm sharing a spring project with products from


This was really fun to make and it's always a good feeling when you
try something new and it looks fabulous!  Let me show you how I made my card.
I started by laying a piece of 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of white card stock
onto my Brutus Monroe Stick and Stamp Mat.  I made a pink by taking
Red Aqua Pigment and a little White Chroma Mist and mixed it together
on my glass mat.  I used a blending brush to blend on the first 2 stencils.
I used Green with some Yellow Orange to make a spring green.
For my last stencil, which is the most detailed, I mixed together some of
the green mix of Aqua Pigments I had used and mixed it with Ranger Texture
Paste Opaque Matte.


Using a palette knife I spread it over the leaf part of the stencil.  Then
I mixed the red Aqua Pigment with the Texture Paste and spread it over
the blossom part of the stencil.  I loved the look!


When everything was dry, I cut the panel to 4" x 5 1/2".  I mounted
the panel on foam taped and adhered to an A2 size top folding white
card base that had been covered in Key Lime card stock.  I love
the spring softness of the Key Lime card stock.  When everything
was mounted and secure I took a shimmer pen to the place on the
tulip where the texture paste was and then just the top parts of the
leaves.  The texture paste really holds the shimmer well!  I
stamped my sentiment onto a piece of the same white card stock,
trimmed it and mounted it with foam tape onto the same Key Lime 
card stock.


I adhered some pretty pink and green gems and that finished my card!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  Layering stencils are so fun to create with
to come up with different looks!  Find the stencils and Aqua Pigments at


Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.









No comments:

Post a Comment