Friday, January 22, 2021

Leafy Ribbon with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing another beautiful design from the
January 2021 Release from:




I love this digistamp set.  It can be used in soooo many different ways!  Let
me show you how I made my card today!
I started by composing my design in my computer.  I use WORD as a program
and it works great.  I made the main image a shade of gray just to knock the
black back some.  I left the sentiment in black.  I printed the image out onto
Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White card stock.


I unfortunately lost my list of Copic colors that I used...sorry.  But
I started by using a cooler green mix. 


Then I added a warmer green mix.


The berries were a very pale blend of cooler greens.  I really didn't get
too fussy with the shading, but made sure I did have a dark base to
the leaves.  I used that darkest green for the stems as well.  I used the
paler greens for the shading on the sentiment banner.


My card base was a warm green and my background paper is
an echo of the design.  It's by Craft Consortium.  I made a base from
the green that was an A2 size top folding and I used it sideways.
I cut a strip of the patterned paper to 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" and adhered
it horizontally.  My main panel measures 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" and
I adhered that in the middle.  Along each side of the main panel
and along the top and bottom of the patterned paper I used very
thin green mirror peel-offs from Love from Lizi.  Just to add a tiny
bit of glitz, I used a shimmer pen on the pale green berries!


This would make a lovely sympathy card and as I was writing this, I
realized this would be amazing in an autumn palette!!!!!!  I might have to do that!

If you haven't visited Rachel's Etsy Shop go now!  It's Rachel's first
anniversary and she's having a sale!!!!  It's a great time to pick up some
amazing digistamp sets.  And there will be a giveaway as well....the
prize?...the entire first year of digital stamp sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And,
don't forget the FREEBIES!!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope I've inspired your crafty
spirit to give this stamp set a try!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...