Monday, December 7, 2020

Die of the Month with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing the new Die of the Month with


This month's die is a beautiful snowflake design!  Let me show you how
I made my gatefold card!

I first die cut my panel using white glitter card stock.  The die is so intricate
and when cut from glitter card stock looks fabulous!


Next I cut it down the middle lengthwise.


I then took a piece of pink pearlized card stock and cut it in half so I had
a piece that measures 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  I scored both ends at 2 1/8" and
folded them to the front to create the gatefold.


I adhered one half of the die cut piece onto each flap making sure 
they met in the middle properly.


I then switched my attention to my middle piece.  I die cut one of the snowflakes
from the Snow Scenes Stamp/Die set.  I used Glamour Gloss in Prom Night!  So
pretty!  


Next I used one of the snowflake stamps that had the center image that I
wanted to use.


I knew I was going to color this monochromatically in pink, so I needed
the image to make sense in pink.  I thought this sunset one was perfect!


I kept this coloring quite simple using Copic markers.


Just a few 2-color blends.
Copic markers used:
RV000, RV00, RV63, RV55, RV66

Using the coordinating die, I die cut the colored portion from the middle of
this snowflake.  Using the Circle Foundation Dies I die cut a bigger circle from
the pearl pink card stock.


I then adhered all 3 of these pieces flat over top of each other using a
liquid glue.  To attached this piece to my card I placed liquid glue on
half of the back only and centering it, adhered it to my card.  Then I added
a generous amount of shimmer pen all over it.


That finished my card!  I really could have gone overboard and added all
sort of shiny stuff, but I really wanted the background die to stand out
on this card!

I hope you enjoyed this project.  If you haven't been lately, please visit 


There are sales galore and so many new products!  The newest
Inspiration Box has been released - Winter Winds!
It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking an interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





















No comments:

Post a Comment