Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Whistling Windmills with Brutus Monroe



Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is staying well as we swing into August!
Today I'm bringing you a card made with the new Inspiration Box!


When I saw this windmill scene stamp it started me thinking...windmills...
Holland...Delft...blue and white!!!!!  I love blue and white.  I had never
attempted to color anything with my Copics in a monochromatic style.
But to me, this was definitely screaming blue and white!!!!!
To begin, I stamped my image out onto Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar
White card stock.  The die I used is from Studio Katia and it cuts out a
very narrow frame around the stitched oval.  I started coloring my image with Copics.


I wanted to use the narrow frame on my card as well so I colored that with the
deepest shade of blue I was using.
Copic Colors Used:  B60, B21, B24, B66, B39


I used the B60 for the background.  I wasn't completely satisfied with how it
looked, so I decided to use my stencil - Star Dome.  I used Blueprint Sketch
Distress Oxide and lightly stenciled the upper and lower portions of my
focal piece.


Next, using a Pre-Cut Panel of white card stock and the Pink and Main
Ergonomic Blending Brush, I stenciled the panel with the Blueprint Sketch
Distress Oxide.  I used a much heavier hand for the background.  These blender
brushes work so great for larger spaces.


Once this dried and I set my colored oval on top, I could see right away that the
narrow navy frame was not going to work.  So I cut another frame and left it
white which worked much better.  I cut the stenciled panel down just a bit so I
could add a dark blue panel underneath before mounting it all on my white
slimline card panel.  I added a few touches here and there with my
white gel pen and my card was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial using the August 2020
Inspiration Box from Brutus Monroe!  These are such fun
kits to create with.  They are available as a subscription or
you can buy them one at a time.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I appreciate your
interest and your support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.






No comments:

Post a Comment