Monday, August 17, 2020

How to Customize Your Layered Die Cut Stamping with Glitter

Hello everyone!  Today I'll be showing you how to customize your layered die-cut stamping with glitter using the Best Glue Ever with the No-Clog Writing Cap!

This was tons of fun to create!  I got my inspiration from the owner of ScaPerfect -Amy Rozak who got her inspiration from Lindsay Weirich - The Frugal Crafter!  I decided to use a stamp and die set.  The dies actually decrease in size for the flower,  so it has a very layered look - perfect for what I was doing!   I started by stamping my image 3 times onto white card stock.  I used a hybrid ink for this.  I think a water-based ink would smear and a pigment ink would not hold up to the Copic coloring!


Next, taking a make-up wedge sponge I applied a thin layer of the Best Glue Ever to the images.  This is quite quick-drying so I had to move along.


Once the glue was dry, which really didn't take any time at all, I cut them part and then applied glitter to them.


I tapped off the excess glitter and then burnished the glitter by placing a sheet of acetate over the images and burnishing with my teflon bone folder.  Then I took my Perfect Cleaning Cloth and rubbed it over the images to remove more excess.  Then I die-cut the images with the coordinating dies.
It was at this point that I noticed I got glue on my glass mat and there was glitter everywhere!  I grabbed my Best Cleaner Ever and my Perfect Cleaning Cloth and my problem was taken care of!


It was time to do the coloring.  I looked for inspiration on my flower colors on Google.  I found a pink/yellow dahlia that was perfect!


I found the coloring to be a bit precarious!  Some glitter came off on my markers, so I kept a piece of copy paper handy to wipe the tips off.  There was no hard blending with this, so I carefully blended my colors trying not to disturb the glitter underneath.


I was really pleased with the color combination I had chosen.


Copic Marker colors used:
YG23, YG17, G07, RV04, Y17, Y06

I next started preparing my card base which was an A2 size top folding white card base.  I covered that with a pearlized bronze paper.  Out of that same paper I die cut a decorative oval piece and my sentiment.  I cut a piece of patterned paper to 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".


I adhered my flower piece together with foam tape.  I glued the over piece to the
card base and then adhered both the flower and the sentiment.  As a bit of bling, I added
some small orange and pink acrylic dew drops.  And that finished my project!


I hope you enjoyed today's card!  I could not have done it without the awesome products from ScaPerfect:





Thanks for stopping by!  I really appreciate your interest and support!

Betsy


In my capacity as a design team member for SraPerfect, I do receive the products I use from them.
 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment