Saturday, May 23, 2020

Piglets at School with Rachel Vass Designs

Hello everyone!  Well school is winding down now and what better way to thank
the teachers who have continued teaching not only their kids, but often times the
parents as well!  It's a hard job made harder by what's going on.  So, today I've made
a Teacher Thank You card using:




Let me show you how I made it!  First I chose the elements from the digital stamp
set that I was going use.  I only used 2 elements!  Then I printed them out onto
Neenah 80b Classic Crest Solar White card stock.  I copied and pasted the pencil
image multiple times!


I had a completely different idea in my head that shifted and changed throughout my
coloring process.  I colored the pencils with Copic markers starting with the tops
and bottoms.  I used:  erasers - R11, R02;  pencil wood - E21, E31.

Next I colored the pencils.


I used the following color combinations and did very simple shading:

Red:  R14, R46
Orange:  Y38, YR07
Yellow:  Y08, Y17
Green:  G02, G07
Blue:  B24, B28
Purple:  BV02, BV04
Orchid:  V12, V05


For the sentiment  I first had a box around it, then an oval and I finally decided
to just die cut it with an oval die!
Next I fussy cut the pencils.  This was not difficult and didn't take that long.  They 
are all straight cuts.  Then I took a black water-based marker and went around all
of the edges.


Next I prepared my card using an A2 size top folding white base.  For my
background paper I used "Rainbows" from Whimsy Stamps...so pretty!!!  I cut a
panel of that to 4" x 5 1/4" and adhered it to my base.


I adhered my pencils flat to the card front haphazardly.  I wanted them to look
messy and used!...sort of like my work space!!  Then I adhered my sentiment
oval with foam tape.  And that completed my card!


I hope you enjoyed todays tutorial.  I love working with bright colors!  You'll
find this stamp set and more at:


Thanks for stopping by today!  I appreciate your interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Lily Ladybug with Polkadoodles