Tuesday, May 5, 2020

May Stencil of the Month with Brutus Monroe



Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing how I created this super glitzy card
 with the Stencil of the Month and other products from Brutus Monroe!  This 
was so much fun to make!

So to begin I cut small pieces of 140b cold press watercolor paper.  I used
watercolor paper because I was going to be working with more than one
wet product.  I was working within part of the ferris wheel portion of the
stencil...just to the outer most circle.  


To stencil I used Brutus Monroe


I knew I was going to be cutting these down so the edges really didn't matter.  After
these were dry, I cut them down into circles.  Then I started painting them with


You can see that one has more color on it than the others.  I painted that one
fully and put it on the inside of my card.
To assemble my card I used a white A2 size card base.  To that I adhered a
Next I took my patterned paper which comes from the Watercolor Galaxy by
Brutus Monroe.  I cut that to 4" x 5 1/4".  I heat embossed this panel with
a sentiment from the "Spring Wreath" stamp set by Brutus Monroe.  I


I adhered this to my card panel over the glittered paper.  I position my
medallions that I had created in a diagonal line and adhered them using
foam tape.  I added a 1/4" gold sequin to the middle of each.  Then I
used gold glitter peel-offs from Love From Lizard connected the medallions,
visually, to the sides of the card.  This really made for a more cohesive look.
And that finished my project!  The sparkle and shine on this card
are nearly blinding!!!!!


I really enjoyed thinking outside the box for this project!  Stencils are so
versatile and Brutus Monroe has a separate Subscription for stencils!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate your interest and support!
💖
Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





No comments:

Post a Comment