Wednesday, February 5, 2020

New Southern Girls Challenge


Hello everyone!  It's time to participate in the February Southern Girls
Challenge!  Today I get to use this adorable steampunk girl.  Isn't
she sweet as she sits on the moon!  My stamp came from
I knew right away how I was going to color this with my Copics.  And I used 
a lot of colors. They are listed at the end of this post.  I really wanted to make her pop off the card!


I started by coloring the moon as that was the biggest area to color and would also
determine the other colors I used.


I started building my color palette as I went along carefully choosing complimentary 
colors where I could.  I really liked coloring the metal bits!


When I completed most of the coloring I took a white A2 size top folding card base and
adhered a piece of purple specialty paper that was cut to 4 x 5 1/4".  My stamped piece
is 3 3/4" x 5".  I adhered that on top of the purple specialty paper.
At this point I added gold metallic marker to the chains, Jelly Roll Stardust Pen to the rivets
and stars in the sky, an aqua shimmer pen to her eyes, skirt and hair, and
finally a white Jelly Roll pen to add hi-lites to her hair, metal parts, 
and extra big star bursts.  And that completed my card.


Copic Colors Used:
C0, C2, C3, C5, C7
Y000, Y06, Y15, Y17, Y19
R20
E21, E02, E00, E33, E35, E37, E04, E08, E21, E01
YR24
BV00, BV02, BV13, BV17
V05, V17
B000, B23, B39
W1, W3, W5, W7

Head on over to the Southern Girls Challenge Blog.
The theme for the year is "Anything Goes".  Enter any card
you've made - that's the great thing about "Anything Goes"!
You may win a prize from one of our
fabulous sponsors!

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate all of your support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Southern Girls Challenge, I do receive the stamps I use from them. All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.




No comments:

Post a Comment