Monday, February 17, 2020

How to Adhere Flocking to Your Projects





Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing
how I made this pretty little card using flocking!
I like the look of flocking but not on entire shapes.  I thought I would use the
Best Glue Ever with the No-Clog Writing Cap to see if I could get flocking where I
wanted it!
I recently bought a kit that had sheets of flocking that you transferred to your 
project by using double backed adhesive foam sheets.  You could die cut your shape,
then peel off the adhesive from one side, lay down the flocking sheet and run it
through your die cutting machine again to make sure it was well adhered.
While this was all well and good, I didn't see too many options.
So I gathered all my materials I wanted to use:


First I prepared my base: I had an A2 size top folding white card base to which I
adhered my patterned papers with the Best Glue Ever.


I had die cut elements that came with this paper collection, so I chose the 3 I wanted 
to use.  I started with the butterfly.  I wanted to enhance the green
on the butterfly's wings.
I used an old small paintbrush and added just the tiniest bit of water to the
Best Glue Ever and painted the glue on the parts of the butterfly's
wings where I wanted it to be soft.  Just a little glue did the trick.
I left the glue dry until it was clear, cut a small piece of the paper with the
flocking on it and used my teflon bone folder to burnish it in.


This definitely gave me the look I was going for.  Very subtle and soft.  Next I
moved onto the banner.  I wanted to treat the butterfly on the banner the
same way I treated the first one and wanted a little flocking on the leaves - hoping
it would give them a little more definition.


Again, burnishing the flocked paper with my teflon bone folder, I used the blue
and green flocking on the butterfly and just the green on the leaves.


Next I moved onto the main floral die cut piece.  My pink flocking was fairly
dark so I really just wanted to put it on the darkest places on the petals.
The Best Glue Ever worked just so well for this.  The flocking adheres
beautifully - no matter how many times you feel it!


It was time to adhere all my elements to my base.  I applied the Best Glue Ever
to just the bottom of the flower stems and added foam tape to the blossom end.
I foam taped the banner over the stems.  I glued just the body of the
butterfly with the Best Glue Ever with the No-Clog Writing Cap and popped
up the wings with foam tape.
And that finished my card!


I was so pleased with how this came out and I think it would work just as well
with loose flock...although the sheets made it less messy.

ScraPerfect Products Used:






Other Products Used:

Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Botanicals
Deco Foil - Anna Griffin Deco Flock kit
A2 Size White Top Folding Card Base
Foam Tape
Teflon Bone Folder

Thank you for stopping by today - I appreciate your time and support!

Happy Crafting!

Betsy


In my capacity as a design team member for SraPerfect, I do receive the products I use from them. All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment