Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sunflower Wreath

Hello Everyone!

Happy Fall!  The air is starting to get crisper and the scent of apples is tantilizing!  To kick off the season I wanted to use this beautiful "Autumn Blessings" stamp set from WPlus9.

My supply list:

  • Autumn Blessings stamp Set from WPlus9
  • Versafine Ink - Vintage Sepia
  • Faber-Castell Poloychromos Color Pencils
  • Black Rose Gold Gems from Pretty Pink Posh
  • Glitter gel pen - Dark Brown, Dark Red, Orange
  • Sentiment stamp - My sentiments were from PowerPoppy "So Grateful" stamp set
  • Panel of Kraft card stock
  • A2 size card base
  • Coordinating background paper - mine is Sunny Studio - Gingham Jewels Tones
  • Distress Oxide Inks in Wild Honey and Dried Marigold
  • Blending tool
  • Ribbon
  • Glue
I started by cutting my panel to 4" x 5.25".  Then I stamped my wreath image centered and a little closer to the top of the card.


The coloring was next and I started by coloring the sunflowers.  I used #105, 108, 113, 263.  I used the lightest yellow towards the tips of the petals and then the darker colors toward the center covering less and less area as it got darker.


The centers were 182, 187 and 280.  I moved to the red berries next using 118, 219, 225.  I kept the darker areas of these where the berries meet another object.  For the acorns I used 268, 180, 176.  For the leaves I used 268, 170, 113, 118, and 167.  I basically made colorful patches on each of the leaves, colored them all over with the yellow to blend and then at the bases added the darker green.  After the coloring was completed I glued on the gemstones.


I then did my ink blending around the edges of the panel using the Wild Honey first, followed by the Dried Marigold.  Next I stamped the sentiment with the same Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink.  I covered the card base with the Gingham paper from Sunny Studio and then adhered the top panel.  

I added random dots with the orange glitter pen all around the wreath and some in the sunflower centers.  I used the dark red glitter pen for the dots on the berries and with the brown, I used it on the "Thank You" part of the sentiment and also around the outer edge of the sunflower centers.  Then I added my bow.  I used webbing ribbon that I purchase from www.paperwishes.com.  It is self-curling.  And that completed my card!


Fall is my favorite time of year and it never lasts long enough!  I hope you are enjoying yours!  For those of you who have been affected by the hurricane my heart goes out to you and I keep you in my prayers.

Until next time - happy paper crafting!
                                   ...and remember...it's only paper!

Betsy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Party with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  It's time for a tea party and I'm using products from Kate Hadfield Designs Tea Party Digital Stamps This was so ...