Sunday, August 26, 2018

...by Request


Hello Everyone,

It's been a few weeks and I hope everyone is enjoying the last of summer.  The kids go back to school soon and the leaves will be turning before you know it.

Today I'm bring you one of the projects I made with the August Love From Lizi card kit.  I used a die cut card base from Hot Off the Press.  It really showcases all the sparkle and shine this card kit had to offer!

The supplies I used for this project:

  • August 2018 Love From Lizi card kit
  • Hot Off the Press Star Triple Easel die cut cards
  • 6 x 6 piece of silver shimmer paper
  • Small heart and star dies
  • Small White bow trimmed with silver
  • Glue
  • Paper Trimmer
  • Vellum tape runner

The instructions on putting this card together and paper templates are on the packaging shown here:

For my card I chose not to use the star templates as I didn't want there to be a white frame around them.  The star pieces are each separate and I used the actual piece for my template and cut them out of a piece of vellum from the kit.  I used my vellum tape runner which is made by MyStik.  It worked so well you really can't see it through the vellum.  I covered each of the 3 stars in the same manner.

I covered the angled parts of the bases with a silver shimmer paper from my stash.  The stars are adhered to these pieces and a portion of it shows.  I could have left it white, but the silver really set the stars off nicely.

Before I put the card together I took another sheet of foiled patterned paper from the kit and covered the bases.  This ends up being 3 separate pieces to cover plus the top part of the actual front of the card.


I also adhered black peel-offs from the kit down the sides of the panels.  This gave each panel a tiny bit of definition and a little bit of extra bling!  I then adhered my stars to the vertical part of the  panels making sure the bottoms were even.  On the smallest panel..the one in the front, I adhered one of the small mirror tiles from the kit that serves as a prop of the smallest star.


I then die cut out of the silver shimmer paper little hearts and stars and glued them onto the big stars.  I used a tag from the kit on the biggest star, a die cut from the kit on the medium star, and a thin metal star charm on the littlest star.  I then added the bow to the biggest star.

And that finished my card!  I am always amazed at how easily these cards come together!

This is the card when it's closed

And this is the card fully opened and propped up!

If you have never bought a card kit from Love From Lizi, you should give it a try!  Her kits are packed full, and I mean FULL, of items to make your cards with.  This particular kit came with foiled papers, foiled vellum, 4 sheets of foiled die cuts including alphas and tags, peel-offs, Nuvo Crystal Drops, metals charms, ribbons, mirror tiles, 6 x 6 papers, stamps, dies and a bag of sequins specially curated to match the kit.  You really can't go wrong!  Her kits release on the 19th of each month and they sell out VERY FAST!

Also, at the present time, Hot Off the Press, aka Paper Wishes, has the die cut cards for half price.  They are a terrific value for the money and they have so many types and there are bundles that are also half price.  I like to stock up on these types of supplies when they are on sale, so when we are in the depths of winter I have them handy!!!...or mostly just to stock up on them!

Have a great week everyone!

Happy paper crafting and remember....it's only paper!

Betsy




No comments:

Post a Comment