Tuesday, July 19, 2022

O-Fish-Ally Awesome with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Hoping you are keeping cool this summer...it's turned out 
to be a really Hot one!  Today I'm sharing this adorable fish card made with
products from


This little stamp and die set is so much fun to create with!  Let me show you
how I made my card.  Using a circle die, with a pencil I drew around it on my
140lb watercolor paper. My paper came as a 4" x 6" block, so if you are using loose 
cold pressed watercolor paper, you might want to cut it bigger and tape it 
down.  I also marked off where the center was just as a point of reference.


With clean water and my paintbrush I wet the area around the circle.  I
put some Blue, Green and Red Aqua Pigments on my mat.
With my damp brush I dipped it in the blue and made strokes coming out
from the drawn circle.  I did the blue first, the dropped bits of red into
the blue to make some purple and lastly I added green, making sure
that by this time there was no white space left between the colors around
the circle.  I splattered it with clean water and some of the pigments.

 
I waited until this panel was very dry then cut the panel to 3 3/4" x 5"
making sure the design was centered.  I then used the circle die to die
cut my circle out of the middle of the painted circle.


I prepared a top folding A2 size card base from white card stock.  To
this I adhered a panel of Lagoon card stock just 1/8" smaller than the base.
To this I adhered a piece of Blue Ribbon card stock that is 1/4" smaller
than the Lagoon.  Using a piece of scrap Lagoon card stock, I first
ran it through a 3D embossing folder.


I then die cut this with the next size up circle die.  This would be the
background for my circle on the front of the card.  Determining where it
needed to be on the base, I adhered this to the navy card stock layer.  I
wanted there to be some sparkle so with a toothpick and some Fallen
Snow Glitter Glaze.  I let that dry and then I adhered my top painted piece
with a double layer of foam tape.  I made sure there was a margin of
space underneath the top layer so I could tuck things underneath.  I
stamped and heat embossed with dark blue embossing powder the fish
and the sentiment.  I painted the fish with the same, blue, green, and
red Aqua Pigments.  I used the die to cut him out and decided to then
fussy cut right up to the edge.  I cut the sentiment with a small circle die
and then cut the next size circle die with Blue Ribbon.  I foam taped these
elements into the circle and added Glossy Accents and shimmer pen.


I added random bits of Fallen Snow Glitter Glaze to the painted circle.  I also
added a bit of shimmer pen.  I added acrylic bubbles and my card was finished!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  The stamp set doesn't have to be
big to have a lot of impact!  You can purchase this stamp and die set
along with the other products I used at


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...