Saturday, April 11, 2020

Background Flowers with Rachel Vass Designs!



Hello everyone!  Hope this post finds you well and virus free.  It's blizzarding
where I live and the power is out!!!  I can't wait for real spring to arrive!
Today I'm featuring a stamp from the April 2020 Release of

Springtime Background 

It's a beautiful digistamp!  Let me show you how I made my card.

I started by sizing my stamp in my computer, printing it off onto Neenah
80lb Classic Crest Solar White card stock.  Then I trimmed it to
4" x 5 1/4 and then placed a smaller stitched die measuring 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
directly in the middle of my panel.


I was really trying to put the focus on the middle flower.


I wanted to color the middle flower on the smaller panel only.  I used 
my Copics for this and these are the colors I used:  B41, B23, B32, B26.  
After I finished coloring I ink blended with Blue Print Sketch Distress Oxide
ink so the other flowers would have color as well.  I also colored in the
background bits with the B26 Copic marker to make the background recede.
I then took an A2 size top folding white card base and adhered a panel of
dark navy card stock measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" on it.  Next I adhered
my evacuated piece of printed panel.


Next I adhered my colored panel directly over the evacuated piece using a piece
of fun foam.  I felt the colored panel needed a bit of sparkle so I added some
iridescent blue gemstones to the center of the big flower.  Then I added shimmer
with a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen to the petals of the center flower and the centers 
of the other flowers on the colored panel.

It still needed a bit of something and I added the die cut and stacked (3 of them)
"thanks" to the lower left corner.  I also took the shimmer pen to that after I
adhered it to the blue panel.  And that finished my card!


I am really loving how this came out!  I hope you enjoyed this tutorial as well!

Look for this design and many other beautiful floral digistamps at:


Thanks so much for stopping by today and for your continued support!

Stay safe and healthy!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Party with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  It's time for a tea party and I'm using products from Kate Hadfield Designs Tea Party Digital Stamps This was so ...