Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Penguin Pile!



Hey everyone!  Hope you are all doing well.  This is my first post as a
Design Team member of Southern Girls Challenge!  What an awesome
group to be working with...and you get a chance to play along!

For this challenge I'm using
Newton's Nook - Penguin Pile


First I stamped the penguin image onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth card.  I wanted
to color this image using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and they work
the best on this surface.  I used the following colors:
Mid Green/ Olive Green
Light Blue/Cobalt Blue
Light Violet/Deepviolet
Bright Yellow/Orange
Pink Haze & Cool Gray 1 & Black
I used very little water when blending these colors.  When coloring in the black on the
penguins, I left very slim white lines along the face of the bottom penguin.


After my image was dry I fussy cut it out.  I covered an A2 size white top folding card base
with Purple patterned paper from Doodlebug Winter Wonderland paper pad.
The I cut a 4" x 5 1/4" panel of white embossed paper from Crafters Companion
Winter Wonderland A4 Luxury Card Pad and adhered that.  Next I cut a strip of aqua
paper from the Doodlebug pad that was 2 1/2" x 5 1/4".  Then I used a
double scallop die by Gina K. Designs along both edges.  Next I cut a 3"
stitched oval from plain white card stock and adhered all those layers down.
I left room for the sentiment at the bottom when I was adhering the oval.


I used Versafine Clair Nocturne ink to stamp my sentiment and then I popped
up my penguins on a wobble action spring.  To finish off, I used some snowflake
sequins with dots of Star Dust Stickles in the centers.  And that completed
my card!

I hoped you enjoyed the tutorial today!  Hop on over to the
Southern Girls Challenge Blog: Southern Girls Challenge Blog
These challenges last a month and all the details are on their blog.
You may be a winner if you join in!

As always - thank you for your support and stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Southern Girls Challenge, I do receive the stamps I use from them. All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alcea Hollyhock Flowers with Polkadoodles