Sunday, July 1, 2018

Hello Summer Pop Up Box Card ft. Charlies Stamps



Hello Everyone!

I hope you've all had a wonderful week full of summertime activities.  Today I'm going to be showing you how to make this adorable pop-up box card using new digital stamps from Charlies Stamps.  The sweet palm tree and adorable pineapple just scream summer!

The supplies I used:

  • Paper to make your card base - I used a yellow foiled dot paper from Echo Park.  The paper needs to be double sided.
  • Pop-up box die - mine is a Spellbinders and when collapsed the card measures 5.5"x5"
  • Coordinating papers for the outside flaps of the box
  • Papers for printing the stamps out - I used very small prints as the stamps were busy and I wanted the design to show up well.  I used 2 greens, a pink, a brown and 2 yellows
  • Tropical Leaf dies and a flamingo die
  • A sun die and a little cloud die
  • Black Marker
  • Glossy Accents
  • Glitter glue in coordinating colors
  • Scrap of black card stock for sentiment and a sentiment die
  • Sheet of acetate
  • Glue
  • Scissors for fussycutting
  • Sequins
I started by die cutting my box first.  This Spellbinders die has one die for the box and it needs to be cut 4 times.  There is a tab along the side that is glued to the one next to it.  There is also a die for the inside pieces:


Note that the main die is scored in the middle.  It's for folding down the flap only on 3 sides.  One of them needs to remain upright and not folded so it creates the back piece.  I essentially glued 3 pieces of the base together, then glued in my horizontal pieces, one in front of the other with space in-between, and then glued on my last panel.

Next it was time for the stamps.  These are brand new from Charlies Stamps.  They are so adorable.  I printed them out on patterned paper by taping down my piece of 6 x 6 patterned paper to a letter size sheet.  I printed multiples on each 6 x 6 piece of patterned paper. Then I cut out right along the black outline and pieced them together.  This took some time, especially the tops of the pineapples, but it was totally worth it!


When I was finished cutting the pieces I ran a black brush marker around the edges of all the cut pieces.  It looks more deliberate and touches up any areas where the black stamp line may have been cut off. 


Next I glued the top of the palm tree to the trunk and the tops of the pineapples to the base.  I left room on them on the tops so there would be a place to glue the pieces together.  After my glue dried I used glitter glue on these main pieces.

I next die cut my filler pieces: 2 each of my 4 tropical leaf dies and a flamingo.  I also cut a few extra leaves for the flaps of the base.  I also die cut a sun and a few clouds for the back piece.  I did end up putting in one more palm tree in the way back.

I decided that one of the pineapples needed to wear the sunglasses.  The stamps have just a plain pineapple and then the one with sunglasses.  Once I cut those out, I used the black marker to color in the lens part and once dry, used Glossy Accents.  Once they were dry I added them to one of the 5 pineapples I used.

Once everything was dry I glued acetate strips to the bottoms of each piece and glued them in place, trying the make sure you could see all the elements and they were pleasant arranged.  I glued on my die cut sentiment on the front flap  and extra leaves on the side flaps and added sequins and my card was done!


I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial.  It took a little time to make, but it's so cute and could be used as a summer decorative piece in your home!

Make sure to check out Charlies Stamps on Etsy: CharliesStamps.  she's also on FaceBook and Instagram under CharliesStamps!  Make sure you tag her with your makes!

Until next time
    Happy Papercrafting and remember...it's only paper

Betsy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...