Saturday, October 6, 2018

World Card Making Day 2018



Hello Everyone!

It's World Card Making Day 2018!  No better way to celebrate than to make a fall inspired card!  I've created this cute fall card using a new stamp set from Pretty Pink Posh.

Supplies I used:

  • Fall Scene Stamp set by Pretty Pink Posh
  • Gina K Designs Black Almalgam Ink
  • Panel of Neenah Crest 80b. Solar White card stock
  • A2 size card base
  • Piece of background paper from Lawn Fawn Knit Picky
  • Panel die cut from Carta Bella Hello Fall collection
  • Small scrap of kraft card stock die cut with stitched hexagon die
  • Rectange stitched scallop die 3.5 x 5
  • Sentiment stamp
  • Dark Brown scrap for sentiment
  • MISTI or other stamp positioner tool
  • Anti-static embossing powder tool
  • White embossing powder
  • Heat Tool
  • Scissors for fussy cutting
  • Foam tape
  • Glue or Tape gun
  • Copic Markers or other alcohol markers
First I covered my card front with a piece from the Knit Picky paper pack by Lawn Fawn.  I then die cut with the stitched scalloped rectangle die a piece of the pumpkin paper from the Carta Bella Hello Fall collection. 


 I then die cut my kraft card stock with the stitched hexagon die...that measured about 2.5 x 2.5.  Then I stamped my image onto the piece of Neenah white card stock using my MISTI.


Next it was time for the Copic coloring.  I have to admit, I am new to Copic coloring.  I am much more comfortable using water media.  But I have been taking Sandy Allnock's Copic Jumpstart Class and it's really helping me to become more familiar with alcohol markers in general and the color system of these markers.

I colored light to dark on each section.  I started with the mouse.  I used E41, E43 and Y28 for the body and R20 & R22 for the inside of the ears and just R20 for the cheek.  I moved onto the pumpkin and used Y38, Y17 and YR16 with a bit of R27 for the darkest shadows. I next colored the hedgie next using E23, E25, E37 again with R20 for ears and cheek and R22 to shade the ear.  The little bunny was done with W1, W3, W5 again with the R20 for cheek and ear and R22 for the ear.

I used the hedgie mix and pumpkin mix for some of the leaves.  For the rest of the leaves I used R05, R27, R29;  YG03, YG17;  Y98, Y38; the pumpkin stem was done with YG03 then E43.


The I fussy cut the image.  I decided to cut the bunny separately as well as the top 5 leaves.  Eventually I colored in around the rake of the bunny as there was too much white showing.  I took a bit of time placing my elements.  I placed them all down on the hexagon, then glued only the 5 little leaves.  At this point I glued the hexagon down.  I popped up the main images on foam tape.  Then I heat embossed white my sentiment on 2 little pieces of the dark brown card stock.  I did have to cut my stamp to do this.  Then I cut them down, fishtailed them on the left side and popped them up on foam tape.  And that finished my card!


This card was so much fun to do and a reminder of why I love fall!  As we head into the colder months I'm sure we'll all be busy making cards to help pass the dark time away!

Stay healthy and happy paper crafting!
    ...and remember - it's only paper!!!!!

Betsy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Party with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  It's time for a tea party and I'm using products from Kate Hadfield Designs Tea Party Digital Stamps This was so ...